Answers, quotation round December 12, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Simon H did the best job on this round, but many other people did well too.
The answers are:
- The correct answer is the BCBS and IOSCO, as BCBS 226, Margin requirements for non-centrally-cleared derivatives, from which the quote comes is jointly authored by those two bodies (hence the SEC dissent so eloquently rendered in the text).
- The Liikanen report – and quite right too.
- Jamie Dimon, explaining to analysts why changes in JPMorgan’s VAR mean absolutely nothing to anyone not privy to the full details of JP’s (ever-updated) model.
- This foxed all of you, I think. It’s from the Trustees on the Liquidation of MF Global.
- Most of you got this lovely phrase, originally from MacKenzie and Spears’ LRB article, subsequently commented upon across the blogosphere.
- Euro area summit communique promising much, delivering little, as usual.
- This is Mark Carney, soon to be governor of the Bank of England. Interesting.
- No one got this: it was from Markus Ferber, German MEP and member of the ECON committee. One can see his point.
- Comedy line one came from Ron Paul.
- Comedy line two came from the Daily Mash.